It is time to write some words about my experience at GUADEC in Vilanova. Let’s focus in the most interesting things and leave some annoying logistics problems for another post :).
There was a lot of interesting talks and BoFs this year, I specially liked these ones:
- Alex Graveley’s talk about Gimmie, a very interesting approach for the Gnome pannel.
- Federico Mena’s talk about Gnome performance issues. Really good work and very instructive.
- Robert Love’s talks about NetworkManager and FUSE (two intersting talks in one talk time).
- Kathy Sierra’s talk about passionate users. A very funny and useful marketing-oriented talk about how you can create passionate users about your software/community.
- Juanjo’s BoF about continuous integration for Gnome. A very interesting meeting which finally drive people to gather together to work in this topic. Hopefully I can help doing some work on gtk+ unit testing 🙂
And of course, it was time to meet a lot of people around the Gnome community. I will write more about this and other GUADEC topics in next posts.