It’s been long…
May 31st, 2007
It’s been long since my last post now, I’ve been quite busy lately (and I still am), but I wanted to write something to let you know I’m still alive 😉
- I’ve attended to Guademy, where I had the chance to meet some cool mates. Some interesting notes about this great event:
- I participated in the event trough a talk about the build-brigade, buildbot and continuous integration (looks like the link for the slides is not working, but if you’re interested just ask me :)).
- I also participated in another talk with my friend and work mate Susana González Varela, focused on how non technical profiles can collaborate in Gnome by means of the translation project
- I also had the chance to talk to Rodrigo Moya, who informed me about the new OpenSuSE build service, which may open a path for collaboration with the BuildBrigade effort (if you are interested to help with this, ask me or Rodrigo, I’ll post more details in this blog soon).
- I’ve also continued my work on the Build Brigade. I spent most time working on:
- Enhancing gnome-buildbot multislave view [*].
- Assisting Thomas Vander Stichiele, who’s kindly setting up new gnome-buildbot slaves for Fedora builds.
- Creating installation guides for both the slave and master sides of the Gnome buildbot. Olav Vitters has kindly offered to host the Gnome master and a slave in a Gnome server, so I took the chance to write these guides.
- Another Igalia mate has joined the Build Brigade, his name is Alejandro Piñeiro and he’s working on the RSS support, which is a must have feature for the Gnome buildbot. He’s doing a great work [*].
- I applied for a talk at Guadec Core which has finally been accepted, so I hope I can introduce many of this features to you all at that moment.
[*] Multislave support (2 slaves) and RSS support
[*] Multislave support (waterfall view)