And the winner is …

Posted by berto on February 15, 2008

The people have spoken and the results have been overwhelming.

Vagalume 0.5.1 on the N800

Vagalume 0.5.1 is out. More UI updates soon.

Thank you all for your comments and see you at FOSDEM :-)

Comments

1. Carlos Guerreiro Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:26:18 CET

Vagalume rocks!
    I use it extensively on my N810. For listening on the tablet form factor, It is so much more usable than the web interface.
    I love getting those frequent updates from the repository too. Keep up the good work!

2. berto Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:35:35 CET

Obrigado, Carlos! :-)

3. [...] OMG ! Last Friday I announced the new version of Vagalume and the same day the list of finalists of the Mobile Rules! competition was announced. Guess who is one of them … [...]

4. Bob Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:41:12 CET

Thanks Alberto ! It works out of the box on Fedora now.
    I like this new //classical// UI. May I suggest you to implement a kind of search bar instead of the long //Play Radio// menu. (some kind of combobox search bar, you type what you want to search and select the categorie of search in the combo (similar artist, neighbour, etc.))
    And an option to hide the menubar. And permit the use of GNOME Proxy settings.

5. Antto Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:24:43 CET

Hi, I use vagalume daily so it’s one of the most important apps for n800, I mainly listen it in bed before gettng to sleep but it’s kinda annoying to unlock tablet to close the program or atleast to stop it, so if any way possible some kind of sleeptimer etc. Would be great,, anyway thanks for this program and the work you have put into it.

6. berto Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:34:30 CET

Bob, Antto, thanks for your suggestions. Some of them are already planned (the timer -and an alarm clock too-) but others are not, so thank you :)

7. Bob Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:42:33 CET

I had made a patch for saving songs with C# last-exit some years ago. Interested for vagalume ?

8. Faz Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:27:48 CET

Nice update Berto! Thank you!! :)

It’s pretty cool watching this app maturing nicely. e.g. Tagging menu looks very neat and professional.

I would also welcome an alarm clock / sleep timer option.

Any chance of adding skip/next to the Action menu, with a keyboard shortcut? I use this option regularly and it would be really cool to be able to skip without having to touch the N810′s screen.

Keep up the excellent work!

9. berto Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:57:15 CET

Faz, the keyboard shortcuts are there, actually. I just have to add menu entries for them :-) They’re Space for Play/Stop and Ctrl+Right for Skip.

The alarm clock / sleep timer is already planned.

Thanks !

10. tomek Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:02:58 CET

great work,
    thanks a lot

but i have two interface related thinks:
    1) dialog boxes should have “don’t show this box again” opiton,
    2) the “ok” and “cancel” buttons are shifted… in almost all gnome’s programs “ok” is on the right, and “cancel” on the left

11. Faz Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:16:05 CET

Hey Berto,

Good luck on tonight’s award!

Re. shortcuts, neither working for me. Others are fine, e.g. Ctrl+T.
    Using this fine app on an N810 if that helps.

Keep up the excellent work, the Tableteer community sincerely appreciate it!!