After a weekend of talks, meetings and networking (but also tourism and nightlife) I’m finally back home.
I still have a lot of work to do, many e-mails to read and tons of PGP keys to sign, but I was very fun to meet you all 🙂
By the way, the latest betas of Modest are frankly quite stable, so update ! 🙂
The development of Vagalume has been stalled during these days but we have some news nonetheless:
- Vagalume is now officially in Debian.
- It has just been featured in www.nseries.com (select Applications->N800/N810).
- I confirm that Mario and me will be in San Jose, California, on 19 March to attend the Mobile Rules! award ceremony (where Vagalume is finalist).
And now, back to work!
If you’re a Maemo user/hacker then you’ll probably be interested in this wiki page where we’re trying to coordinate a meeting.
By the way, some people have suggested me to use GTK themeable icons in Vagalume instead of the custom ones that come with v0.5. Here’s a couple of screenshots comparing both (click on the images to view them full size).
I’ve just created a survey so you can vote which one you prefer 🙂 If you don’t have a user at garage.maemo.org, just leave a comment in this post.
See you at FOSDEM !
The last version of Vagalume was released more than a month ago. And although it was dead for some weeks because I had many other things to do, here comes Vagalume 0.5, back from the dead!
As I said before, I’ve been busy lately so the list of changes is not as big as it might be, but thanks to the help of my colleagues Mario and Felipe we have some new things. The list of changes include:
- New buttons and other minor UI improvements
- New plugin for the Maemo status bar (IT OS2008 only) (*)
- Fixed a bug that made scrobbling fail under certain conditions
- A window to see the progress of downloads (and cancel them)
- A new setting to select the download directory
Here’s the new look of Vagalume under IT OS2008:
And for those interested, now we have a new vagalume-users mailing list.
(*) Mario has written a detailed post about the status bar plugin, including a screenshot. Check it out!
Go here to download Vagalume.
And that’s all. Enjoy!