FileTea now available in Debian

Posted by berto on November 10, 2011

In the past few weeks I’ve been preparing the Debian packages of FileTea and its companion EventDance. They’re finally available.

FileTea is a free, web-based file sharing system that just works. It only requires a browser, and no user registration is needed. If you want to know more about it, you can read my previous blog post. For a more detailed description, read Nathan Willis’s excellent article on LWN.net. There have been a few changes since that article (HTTPS support in particular) but it’s still the best one you can find on the net.

Igalia still provides a FileTea server at http://filetea.me/, that you can use to share your files and see how it works. We plan to keep offering this service, but you don’t need to trust it/depend on it anymore: now you can apt-get install filetea and have your own.

Comments

1. Joachim+Breitner Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:53:14 CEST

Great, I was looking forward to that.

Are you going to set up a bug tracker for filetea, or do you prefer feature requests by mail?

2. Andres Gomez Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:11:46 CEST

Wohooo!!!

3. Eduardo Lima Mitev Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:15:38 CEST

Joachim, we still don’t have a bug tracker setup. We will apply for hosting filetea within GNOME infrastructure, but until that happens you can e-mail me any bug report or feature request to elima at igalia.com. I know this is not a comfortable way of doing it but it is supposed to be temporary.

Also, if you use Debian you can file a bug against it at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/.

cheers

4. Paul Wise Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:37:30 CEST

You might want to get yourself added to Planet Debian, please ask your sponsor about it and give them this link:

5. berto Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:53:54 CEST

I’ll do that, Paul. Thanks.

6. The world won't listen » Hello Planet Debian! Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:34:39 CEST

[...] name is Alberto Garcia and this is my first (well, second) post in Planet Debian. So I’ll introduce [...]