N9

Posted by berto on June 23, 2011

The Nokia N9 is out.

Yes, after all what happened lately there are many reasons to be sad, cynic or pessimistic, particularly considering all the excitement and hopes that many people (including me) had when the N900 came out.

But still, even if this is a dead-end product and this team’s swan song, it’s a hell of a beautiful one.

Nokia N9

I’m happy to see the N9 out. Philip is damn right, and Urho is damn right. I think this is a great achievement, I’m personally proud of all the work we’ve put into it and also very glad for all the good reviews it’s getting.

Free software can produce amazing things, and this is just one more proof. Our hopes will not die here. No pasarán.

Comments

1. Peter Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:08:32 CET

Well its not exactly out in that I can’t go and buy it but thankfully its finally been announced!

2. mh Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:13:44 CET

waiting for the damn device get released I want it right now :D

thanks all team for showing the world, meego harmattan rules :D

3. tvst Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:55:17 CET

I agree. The N9 and Meego especially are looking so hot right now. If it wasn’t for Nokia’s choice to keep Meego as a second-class citizen I could even switch from my Nexus One. Too bad.

But congrats to all those involved. Great achievement indeed! :D

4. Butaca in Harmattan Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:23:28 CET

[…] weeks ago, the N9 was announced. Little can be added to what’s been written: it’s a great achievement, but also a bitter one. Still, I really think that great things can […]

5. Butaca in Harmattan | Maemo Nokia N900 Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:42:02 CET

6. Byfiles Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:53:39 CET

Smartphone Nokia N9 was announced in early summer, but allow him the Finnish company is not in a hurry.
    This model will run on the operating system MeeGo, but not Windows Phone 7 or Symbian, as many had hoped.

7. maquinas de coser Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:58:49 CET

agree. The N9 and Meego especially are looking so hot right now. If it wasn’t for Nokia’s choice to keep Meego as a second-class citizen I could even switch from my Nexus One but its grat.