Vagalume 0.6 is here!
Among the new features introduced in Vagalume 0.6, the coolest one is probably the brand new tray icon for desktop users written by Mario, similar to the one already available for Maemo:
Other highlights from this version include:
- Update the status message of your IM client. Tell everyone what you’re listening to. Currently supported: Pidgin, Gajim, Gossip and Telepathy
- Gettext support: Vagalume has been translated into Portuguese, German, Finnish, Spanish, Galician and Italian
- New setting to disable the love/ban confirmation dialogs
- New D-BUS methods and a script to control Vagalume from the command line (currently only for Maemo, more news soon)
- Osso-backup support
I would like to thank all the contributors, in particular Tim Wegener for his work in the IM status support. And of course all the translators too!
And now, enjoy!
P.S.: I’m moving Vagalume to Maemo extras, so one of these days it should be available there. Stay tuned!
Update: Vagalume 0.6 is now available in Maemo Extras
We’re about to release a new version of Vagalume and this one will be the first with gettext support. So if you want to help to see Vagalume in your language feel free to send me an e-mail, download the latest vagalume.pot file and send me the translation (you can also join the vagalume-devel mailing list).
Note that there are people already working on translations, so if you want to help please have a look at the translations that we already have and ask me before starting.
I’m also glad to announce that I’ll be talking about Vagalume in a couple of conferences:
- First, at LinuxTag 2008 in the Maemo track (Thursday 29 May) with other Maemo hackers and users.
- Second, at Guadec 2008 in Istanbul where I’ll give a lightning talk. It has been scheduled for 14:55 on 11 Jul 2008.
Hope to see you there!