A Christmas gift for you

Posted by berto on December 24, 2006

I’m pleased to announce the availability of new Debian and Ubuntu packages of the the latest version of the Last.fm client for x86 systems.

New versions have been released by the Last.fm team, being 1.0.9.6 the current one. However the only official download for GNU/Linux is still several months old and lacks the newest features and bug fixes.

I have been combining efforts with John Stamp and we have prepared packages for Debian and Ubuntu. We’ll try to keep them updated with every new release from Last.fm (you can subscribe to this blog’s feed for announcements if you want to).

Go here for downloads and more information.

These packages are unofficial and they haven’t been tested thoroughly, so comments and suggestions are welcome.

Merry Christmas for you all!

P.S.: I’m sure that some of you know where I took this post’s title from. Highly recommended, of course, and not just for these dates ;-)

Comments

1. Modesto Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:53:05 CEST

Thank you! It’s really awesome! (BTW, this is not spam :D)

2. muesli Sun, 24 Dec 2006 09:41:35 CEST

thanks a lot :D

of course we’ll soon release a new official static binary linux version, too.

cheers,
    muesli

3. berto Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:52:43 CEST

Thanks for your comments and support!

Modesto, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this package because I know that you’re a Last.fm fan too ;) Boas festas! (but why would I think that your comment is spam?)

muesli, it’s you who deserve our appreciation for making the Last.fm client available as free software! And I’m sure that many people will thank a statically compiled binary :)

4. cartman Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:42:37 CEST

Very nice! But makes me wonder which repository are you using? Last.fm public SVN repo is months old.

5. berto Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:35:37 CEST

cartman, we’re using the public repository and I don’t think that it’s months old. Version 1.0.9.6 was made public 20 days ago:

$ svn log svn://svn.audioscrobbler.net/client/tags/1.0.9.6/
    ————————————————————————
    r2122 | erik | 2006-12-06 17:35:17 +0100 (Qua, 06 Dez 2006) | 2 lines

new import – latest

————————————————————————

6. cartman Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:26:41 CEST

I was looking under /trunk. thanks! :)

7. b.art Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:12:20 CEST

Just converted to Linux (hallelujah!) and I must say I was extremely pleased when I came across this. I’m a Last.fm addict so having something like this definately made the switch a lot more pleasurable for me. :D
    Great looking out.

8. berto Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:25:02 CEST

b.art, I’m glad you liked the packages :) John and I are preparing a new release that hopefully will be out this week, so stay tuned! ;)