LinuxCon North America and ContainerCon features 175+ sessions for developers, operators, users and other open source professionals with a range of content covering Linux, Containers, Cloud and much more!
Join us in Toronto, Canada where you’ll experience:
- Bonus Content Day featuring Docker 101 lab and tutorials
- Co-located events such as CloudNativeDay, KVM Forum, Linux Security Summit, Open Source Storage Summit, and Xen Project Developer Summit
- 25th Anniversary of Linux Casino Royale Gala on Wednesday, August 24th
Igalia will have a booth there so don’t miss your chance to attend and visit us!
As most of you now, Igalia is a highly-specialized European company providing consultancy services and developing innovative open source solutions for a large set of software and hardware platforms. At Igalia we work in the most exciting areas in open source software, including Browsers, Graphics and Multimedia. We apply our knowledge to a wide variety of platforms and technologies in the Consumer Electronics market and provide companies with innovative solutions for a wide variety of devices, including smart tv, set-top boxes, tablets, mobile phones, in-vehicle infotainment and home automation systems.
We are currently looking to expand our team and are seeking to hire a Sales Engineer in USA, ideally in the San Francisco Bay Area. This profile will play a critical role developing and implementing strategies to increase sales revenue.
Agasol and Igalia as part of Agasol manager boards are organizing Libre Software World Conference 2012 to be held in Santiago de Compostela in October, 18th and 19th.
LSWC’12 aims to be the main event on Free Software in South Europe and will count with important speakers:
- Bruce Perens: Created the Open Source Definition and published the first formal announcement and manifesto of open source. He co-founded the Open Source Initiative (OSI) with Eric S. Reymond.
- Chris DiBona: Chris DiBona is the Director of Open Source for Mountain View, Ca. based Google. His teams oversees license compliance and support the open source developer community through programs such as the Google Summer of Code and through the release of open source software projects and patches.
- Christian Felber: Specialist in sustainable economy and alternatives to financial markets. He has developed a new international model: “Common Goods Economy”. He is founder member of global justice movement called “Attac” in Austria.
- Corinto Meffe: Systems integration director in Ministério do Planejamento, Orçamento e Gestão.
- Fernando Botelho: Founder of F123, a group that designs projects in order to reduce poverty and improving their access to technology.
- John Sullivan: is a software freedom activist, hacker, and writer. John is currently executive director of the Free Software Foundation, where he has worked since early 2003. He is also a speaker and webmaster for the GNU Project. He also maintains of the Plannermode and delicious-el packages for the GNU Emacs text editor.
There are still some other lecturers pending to confirm but we are sure that this conference will be very interesting. If you would like to help us, please, spread the word :).
If you are interested in attending the conference, there is a registration form in the following link. This form is also valid for registering talks (RFP will remain open until September, the 18th).
See you there!
Once again, Master on Free Software organizes three open sessions in September. Different people from Galician Free Software sector will talk about
- Business models and job opportunities in Free Software.
- Technical sessions about technilogies like Big Data, Interactivity, Augmented Reality and Human-computer interaction.
- GNU/Linux distros “Made in Galicia”. Different approaches to different needs.
The event is free and open but registration is necessary in order to control capacity. More info at master webpage
Since 2007, Igalia has been organizing a Master on Free Software. As part of this master, and in order to help students without the possibility of enrolling the whole master, Igalia offers the possibility of studying specific modules.
Specifically, Web development module has been open for enrollment until May, the 31th. If you are interested in it, more information can be found in Master on Free Software website.