Agasol and Igalia as part of Agasol manager boards are organizing Libre Software World Conference 2012 to be held in Santiago de Compostela in October, 18th and 19th.
LSWC’12 aims to be the main event on Free Software in South Europe and will count with important speakers:
- Bruce Perens: Created the Open Source Definition and published the first formal announcement and manifesto of open source. He co-founded the Open Source Initiative (OSI) with Eric S. Reymond.
- Chris DiBona: Chris DiBona is the Director of Open Source for Mountain View, Ca. based Google. His teams oversees license compliance and support the open source developer community through programs such as the Google Summer of Code and through the release of open source software projects and patches.
- Christian Felber: Specialist in sustainable economy and alternatives to financial markets. He has developed a new international model: “Common Goods Economy”. He is founder member of global justice movement called “Attac” in Austria.
- Corinto Meffe: Systems integration director in Ministério do Planejamento, Orçamento e Gestão.
- Fernando Botelho: Founder of F123, a group that designs projects in order to reduce poverty and improving their access to technology.
- John Sullivan: is a software freedom activist, hacker, and writer. John is currently executive director of the Free Software Foundation, where he has worked since early 2003. He is also a speaker and webmaster for the GNU Project. He also maintains of the Plannermode and delicious-el packages for the GNU Emacs text editor.
There are still some other lecturers pending to confirm but we are sure that this conference will be very interesting. If you would like to help us, please, spread the word :).
If you are interested in attending the conference, there is a registration form in the following link. This form is also valid for registering talks (RFP will remain open until September, the 18th).
See you there!