What can you find in this release?
- A ranking mechanism for plugins: if several plugins are able to provide the same information, this ranking helps to choose which one should be used.
- New functions to search for sources: now it is possible to search for sources that implement some capabilities. Do you want to know which sources can be searched? No problem. Now it is possible.
- A new key, bitrate: you know, the standard key to know bitrate of clips.
- Some improvements in grilo-test-ui: besides other improvements, now eog, totem and mplayer are the default players.
- Documentation for some classes: we should not forget about adding documentation to classes. It is a bit boring, but a compulsory task. So lets do it step by step.
- Improvements in plugins: some improvements we were doing in available plugins
- New plugin, Apple™ Trailers: this new plugin allows to get the latest trailers from Apple™.
Finally, as there is life beyond Debian and deb-based distros, a new branch to create RPM packages for grilo and grilo-plugins have been added. We have been testing it with Fedora 12, and seems it works fine.
As you see, there are no excuses to try Grilo