Last week I went back to the University of A Coruña, this time to stand at the opposite side of the classroom and conduct a workshop about LibreOffice.
I was invited by Juan José Sánchez Penas as part of the subject System Information Design (Deseño de Sistemas de Información) which belongs to the Master in Computer Science Engineering (Mestrado de Enxeñería Informática). The goal was introducing students to a real world project and see how the techniques they learn are applied in practice.
The table of contents:
- An introduction to LibreOffice project: its long history since the 80s, current status and the awesome community that powers it.
- A high-level overview of the project architecture to present its main design philosophy.
- Accessibility in LibreOffice: how it is designed and current status. You will probably find this chapter familiar.
- Quality assurance techniques and tools: what the community does to assure the quality of our releases.
Find below the slides I prepared for the workshop, with versions both in Galician and English. Files are hybrid PDFs to make them easy to modify and reuse; feel free to do it under the terms of the CC-BY-SA license.
- LibreOffice: arquitectura, accesibilidade e QA (galego)
- LibreOffice: architecture, accessibility and QA (English)
EDIT: you probably want to check an updated version of the talk at: Updated LibreOffice workshop at A Coruña University