Vive la ReSiStance!
After all the hard work required to release Modest and Tinymail I finally found some energy to start a new pet project. I have never really liked the RSS reader that comes with the Nokia N900 Igalia gave me. I looks too “Diablo” and it’s not consistent at all with Fremantle look&feel.
That’s why I decided to write my own and, at the same time, regain contact with Python. The result is ReSiStance 0.1.
These are the main features of this first release
- Support for RSS 0.90, Netscape RSS 0.91, Userland RSS
0.91, RSS 0.92, RSS 0.93, RSS 0.94, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, Atom 0.3,
Atom 1.0, and CDF (kindly provided by feedparser module)
- Feed and Favicon autodiscovery (no need to type the exact URI to the .xml file)
- Add/Remove/Update feed sources
- Landscape/Portrait mode support (I love apps with portrait mode)
- Internationalization support