Taken almost 50 years before the used method was perfected for commercial use. More info here.
Dror Eyal defines six interesting laws to have in mind when creating new software. Summarizing, they are the following ones:
- Single idea (create software that fulfills a specific need, be able to explain what software does in a single sentence)
- Collaborate (don’t create software that do everything, interoperate with other software complementing yours)
- Disappear (reduce and simplify the user interface)
- Simplify (reduce the learning curve of the technology)
- Release (publish prototypes, think in iterative releases and let the user base grow)
- Comply (follow standards)