Plugins for WordPress-MU: ‘List all’ and ‘Recent Posts’

WordPress-MU is an official modification for WordPress able to manage multiple blogs with a single installation. I have used it to set up a platform for school newspapers, supported by the Council of Coruña.

I use the main page of the system as a summary of all the newspapers, showing the active blogs and the latest news produced on them. For that subject I found two useful plugins: List all and Most recent posts. As their name states, the first one lists the public blogs of the system and the second one extracts the latest news.

I needed a more complex behavior from them, so I made some modifications. Basically, I replaced the two parameters that wrapped the list with a format string as used in printf-like functions. Now the user can control all the content inside the list item, not only the beginning and the end.

Here are the files. Hope they’re useful for someone!

4 thoughts on “Plugins for WordPress-MU: ‘List all’ and ‘Recent Posts’

1. Por muy hippies que seais por ahi, creo que enseñar una web del ayuntamiento “en pruebas” en un blog publico no es una buena idea.

2. That web was already published in the internet (and linked from other municipal sites) for teachers to test it before creating their own newspapers, so I didn’t see any problem with that.

3. Hello

How do I increase more posts on a single blog, if blog A posts 5 posts last month and blog B posts 2 posts, how do i make it so it show 3 from each blog?

4. Hi sam,

at the moment the code of this extension doesn’t allow to do that. But it’s an useful feature, I’ll check how to do it when I have some spare time. 😉

(sorry for the delay)