gstjpegparser

Back in August 2009 I was chatting with my old peers in Mexico, and they told me that they needed a JPEG parser element in GStreamer for their DSP accelerated JPEG decoder. So, I went to bugzilla and found a bug report about the issue and a proposed patch. But the published patch still missed some features so I took it and worked on it.

After attaching my first try, Arnout, the first author of the patch, came with some comments to improve the element. Several weeks after I retook the element and almost rewrote it again. So I was waiting for the OK from a GStreamer developer.

Finally, this week, Stefan review it and pushed it. Sadly for me, I didn’t notice, when I rebased my local commits, squashing my change set into one single commit, that this commit had as author Arnout, not me :(

Now the commit is under the Arnout’s credit.

Yeah, sometimes I’m so absentminded.

Tags: ,

3 comments

  1. That sucks. Hopefully you’ll find another patch for redemption. Maybe a gst-dsp jpegdec ;)

  2. Squashing is evil. You should have left his commit unmodified and work on top of it…

Leave a comment