During the morning I attended the following talks of the Cross-desktop track:
- Desktop search: Extracting semantic meta data
- Tracker: Metadata central storage for the Desktop
- Animated UI technologies in maemo 5 (Fremantle)
- WebKit combined GTK+/Qt talk
- Profiling and Optimizing D-Bus APIs
I liked the Desktop search and Tracker talks, that allowed me to understand better the problems and ideas of these projects. From the D-Bus talk I should extract a basic concept:
D-Bus API shouldn’t be just a mapping of your library
You should use some time to think the proper D-Bus methods that you need. Another interesting thing was Bustle, a kind of D-Bus monitor that seems very interesting.
At the afternoon the GUADEC starts, and I’ve attended:
- Introduction to the GNOME Shell
- GNOME Zeitgeist
- Sipping Mojitos and thinking RESTful thoughts
- State of Clutter
It was interesting see the current status of GNOME Shell. The GNOME Zeitgeist talk reminded me some ideas of MyTime. Finally, I had the chance to talk a bit with Rob Bradford about Mojito project, a very interesting way to access social networks from the desktop.
BTW, Nokia’s party is waiting, see you there tonight ;-)